Thursday, June 3, 2010

Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette

I had no idea that my camera could zoom and focus so well! To illustrate, here is my first makeup review!

The Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette was one of the first high end makeup products I ever bought, and it was well worth the money.

Packaging: The palette is really pretty; I love the bright purple faux suede. The front also has this silver meshlike piece of fabric that makes noise when you shake it up and down. It's fun! ^^

The palette opens up and it's a gorgeous lavender color on the inside (a hot color for spring and summer!). Throughout the entire palette are these really cute, romantic looking doodles. If you take out the sponge tip applicators, there is a cute little spiderweb in the box. It's almost as if they realize that no one uses the sponge tip applicators, so spiderwebs form there. :P There is a pretty decent sized mirror on the top half too.

So, the palette comes with nine of Urban Decay's deluxe eyeshadows, which claim to be "vibrant, silky, and luscious to the touch." Let me tell you know, their claim stands true! These eyeshadows are SO silky; I feel like my fingers are touching buttery silk when I swatch the eyeshadows.

There is a good variety of neutrals and brights, and I noticed that they arranged the eyeshadows in groups that look good together. For example, Fishnet, Honey, and Ransom go well together. Not only do the rows match, but the columns and diagonals pair well too! Ransom, Peace, and Underground look really amazing on brown eyes!

Fishnet, Honey, Ransom

Graffiti, Zero, Peace

Shag, Scratch, Underground

I plan on doing an individual review for each of the eyeshadows. The macro focus button on my camera really has done wonders for my picture taking abilities. I guess I can be a photographer for my school's newspaper after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment